Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blog Post #10

            This week’s assignment took a lot of time, but overall was a lot of fun to do! The one thing I wasn’t a big fan of was going through and connecting everything with action buttons and hyperlinks. It was very tedious. On the bright side, though, it was a lot of fun picking out what topic to make the trivia out of and then what questions to put for each category. This is something I would definitely use when I become a teacher. I think this is a great way to make class fun and a great way to conduct a review at the end of a unit. Next time I think I could improve on it but making it less cluttered and give the questions more variety.

           
            I think I will data collection tools in either a geography class or science class, both in middle school. I could use it for surveys in geography and in science as a way of gathering data for different experiments. I could also have my students make their own surveys to develop an experiment as a final project.

            The topics I found most interesting from reviewing my classmates’ blogs were all of the topics that went over the assignments we had done earlier that week. I really enjoyed reading what everyone liked and disliked about the assignments and being able to relate to some of the struggles they had with them. They other thing I really liked was looking at the pictures of their assignments. It was cool to see how everyone put their own spin on the assignments. Looking at the pictures also got my wheels turning on how I can use those programs better next time.

            The next technology-related skill I want to learn is Excel. We started it a little bit last week, but there’s so much more that I want to learn. I want to know how to effectively work the software because I know it will be a program that I will have to use a lot as a teacher. It is very similar to a grade book, or is even used as a grade book and I know there are easier ways to input things and I want to learn how.


            I will achieve my future educational technology-related goals by constantly using and practicing with new technology. I plan to be up to date with any new technology because it is constantly changing. By being updated, I will be able to use the technology effectively so that my students will benefit greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment